The DogSmith “Canine Rescue Resources” Program – Helping Dogs Become Family!
Each locally owned and operated DogSmith partners with a local animal shelter or rescue organization in support of the DogSmith Mission to:
- Provide professional support and training to pet dog owners.
- Support and assist humane societies, animal shelters and rescue organizations to minimize the number of unwanted animals.
- Offer affordable and professional care to family pets so that pet ownership is never a burden
The DogSmith Canine Rescue Resource Program is a two tiered approach which provides support, education and assistance to animal rescue groups and offers educational seminars and discounted training services to animal adopters.
We believe by doing this we help increase the adoptability of dogs and cats from a shelter environment, help reduce the number of animals that are returned back to the rescue organization and help prevent animals being surrendered in the first place.
The Canine Rescue Resource Program for Animal Rescue Groups consists of:
- Behavioral Assessment Programs – helping rescue dogs find the correct home by accurately assessing their suitability for potential adopters.
- Volunteer expertise – DogSmiths volunteer 6 hours each month to help their local animal rescue group.
- Dog Handling Seminars – Support in educating shelter employees to purposely reduce unwanted dog behaviors during daily interactions and handling.
- FREE Animal Nutrition Seminars
- FREE Dog Obedience Workshops
- FREE Animal Enrichment Programs
- FREE Webinars on Effectively Managing Animal Rescue Organizations
The Canine Rescue Resource Program for Adopters Provides:
- Personal Assistance – Pet Selection Program
- FREE Introduction to Pet Dog Obedience Seminars
- FREE monthly 1 hour Puppy Socialization Classes
- Up to 20% Discount on Group Training Classes
- Discounted Private Dog Training lessons
- Discounted Pet Care Programs and Services
Contact your Local DogSmith to discuss these programs by completing the application form below.