Do You Know What Is In Your Pet’s Food – LOOK BEYOND THE FIRST FIVE INGREDIENTS!
Do you really know what’s in your dog’s food?
Do you feed Olijen, Wellness, Chicken Soup, Flint River, Nutra, Hills, Natural Balance and many more you can compare.
Your dog eats the same food every day. The brand you feed is your dog’s main source of nutrition and vital to a long and healthy life. As a caring pet parent, it is important to see through clever marketing ploys when choosing a food worthy of your best friend.
Although you may think all pet food manufacturers have your pet’s best interests in mind, this is not always the case. Some manufacturers use ingredients that you would never knowingly feed your dog. In fact, you may be shocked to learn what some brands of dog food really contain.
Life’s Abundance Premium Health Food is veterinarian-formulated with safe and wholesome ingredients, including a blend of vitamins and minerals, high-quality proteins, whole grains, an antioxidant system, nutritious vegetables and fruits, omega fatty acids, calcium and phosophorus for healthy teeth and strong bones and dietary fiber to help maintain a healthy digestive tract. Life’s Abundance contains no artificial flavors or colors. And there’s no corn, corn gluten, wheat or wheat gluten.
It is Not Just About The Price
- We are a small company comprised almost entirely of pet parents and we are dedicated to improving the health and happiness of companion animals.
- Our product formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks, DVM, is one of the nation’s leading holistic veterinarians.
- Every single ingredient in every single product is chosen by Dr. Jane based on its quality and safety.
- Our food manufacturer is APHIS -certified to sell pet food on the European market, which has more stringent regulations than in the U.S. for pet food manufacturing.
- Life’s Abundance is cooked quickly at low temperatures to help retain its high nutritional value.
- We maintain strict inventory controls to ensure quality and safety.
- Life’s Abundance is delivered to your door within six weeks of being made. Some store-bought pet food could be anywhere from six months to one year old.
- We never use artificial colors or flavors and never use corn, corn gluten, wheat or wheat gluten.
- Our mission of caring doesn’t stop at making pet products. We created the Dr. Jane’s HealthyPetNet Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting a variety of animal rescue groups, all of which are dedicated to helping to rescue neglected and unwanted animals in the U.S. Since its creation, the Foundation has provided thousands of dollars in funding for these worthwhile organizations. Every Life’s Abundance purchase helps to support the important work of this extraordinary foundation, devoted to helping these animals find homes and lead happier lives. It’s just one more reason to feel good about purchasing Life’s Abundance products.
BEYOND THE FIRST FIVE INGREDIENTS!
While the first five ingredients play a significant role in the nutritional make-up of your dog’s food, every single ingredient is important. For nearly a decade, tens of thousands of dogs and cats have been eating and thriving on Life’s Abundance foods. We attribute this success to our painstaking attention to the detail. Each and every ingredient in Life’s Abundance food is carefully chosen to work with the other to supply your companion animal with a highly nutritious and perfectly balanced meal every day, every year over a lifetime.
HIGH-QUALITY PROTEINS – Proteins are the building blocks of all living organisms. Protein is essential for all bodily functions including those of the brain, heart, skin, skeleton and many others. Life’s Abundance contains at least 26% of high-quality protein. Look for identifiable animal proteins such as “chicken meal” rather generic terms like “poultry meal,” which can consist of any fowl (turkey, chicken, geese, etc.).
CHICKEN MEAL VS. CHICKEN? Some foods contain chicken meat or chicken parts, which naturally hold a fair amount of water. We prefer to use chicken meal because most of the water has been removed, which makes it a concentrated source of protein. This means that there is a greater “protein content” in one pound of chicken meal versus one pound of chicken meat. That’s why high-quality chicken meal is a key ingredient in Life’s Abundance foods.
WHOLE GRAINS – Whole grains are an excellent source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, zinc and other essential minerals. They also provide the kind of carbohydrates that deliver sustained energy to your dog. We include the natural goodness of Ground Brown Rice and Oat Groats in Life’s Abundance Dog Food.
VITAMINS AND MINERALS – The proprietary blend of vitamins and minerals in Life’s Abundance foods was carefully selected to work in concert with all of the other ingredients to enhance the overall nutritional value of the food.
ANTIOXIDANT SYSTEM – Among other nutrients, our antioxidant system includes vitamins A, C and E plus vegetables and fruits. The colorful skin and flesh of different vegetables and fruits contain phytonutrients, essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. Each vegetable and fruit was carefully selected for its unique nutritional properties.
CHICKEN FAT – We believe the primary fat source in dog food should be animal-based because these fats contain a profile of fatty acids that are easily metabolized and generally more available to the body. Animal fats can vary in quality, so look for a species-specific fat like “chicken fat” (versus “animal fat”) to be certain of the kind of fat your dog is eating.
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS – Omega-3 fatty acids are some of the most extensively researched natural nutritional ingredients in the world. Among its many health benefits, the omega-3’s in Life’s Abundance help support healthy skin and a shiny coat. We also included flaxseed meal for its outstanding nutritional profile and its contribution to healthy skin and coat.
DIETARY FIBER – Fiber is required in every diet to maintain healthy intestinal tract and good nutrient absorption. We use beet pulp, which is the fiber from the gray sugar beet (sugar removed). Many studies have demonstrated that beet pulp performs better than many other types of fiber.
DIRECT-FED MICROBIALS – These ingredients are similar to those found in supermarket yogurts. Direct fed microbials help support healthy immune and digestive systems. (Back to Comparison Chart)